Monday 17 October 2011

Musical thoughts

I've been paying for spotify for a while now, which is awesome now I've sorted out syncing tracks to my phone so I can listen to something when I don't have a data connection, and awesome because it scrobbles to last.fm.


My music tastes are eclectic, like most peoples, but last.fm told me mine are mostly like a 23yo girls, so, ..


transition, The Pussy Cat Dolls, I read about their break up, and saw a quote from one of them suggesting that it was always Nicole and he girls, never a cohesive group. Given that they've now split up, it's apparent that musically Nicole Scherzinger is orders of magnitude more successful than any of the others, so perhaps that was justified. I am a fan of Her Majesty & The Wolves though, which is one of Kimberley Wyatt's projects.


And Lily Allen who wrote a song in which she wishes she could look like Cheryl Tweedy, has more than TWICE the number of plays than Girls Aloud, Cheryl Cole or my favourite Nicola Roberts(try this for delicious bitchiness and fun) COMBINED. And Ms Allen apparently has said she doesn't see how she can make a profit making music. If that's right, something is definitely broken.


Unrelatedly, despite having spotify premium, I'll probably buy Pixie Lott's new album Young Foolish Happy when it comes out on the 7th of November, because I keep playing All About Tonight and What Do You Take Me For? on repeat. (those videos are seriously hot too)


So you can convince me to buy your music as long as it's good enough and I can get to it easily, Sky Ferreira(Amazon, can't get the album in the Uk) and Natalia Kills (couldn't get the album in the Uk)

No comments: